Sunday 13 May 2012

Inspired..


..by swans, galaxies, moonstone, skulls and dark poetry..






I completely savaged our dad's National Geographic magazine for these lovely photos, and my imagination's been sparked. Maybe later I'll post photos of future illustrations inspired by these things

Irene Grishin-Selzer- Winter Swan

 Toru Kamei- Timeless

Irene Grishin-Selzer- Can't tell the birds from the blossoms


***



Here's a little preview of an illustration that I'm currently remaking and making improvements to. I've always been inspired by butterflies, and I love reading old legends and folk-tales about them. People used to believe that white butterflies were the souls of dead children, which I find beautiful and sad at the same time. 


-Katie x

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I'd love to get my hands on that butterfly covered skull.

    ReplyDelete