Sunday 5 February 2012

Lovely Skull

So I'm currently working on a hand-embroidered piece using an extract of my 'Black Dog' poem I wrote last year, and thus far have finished embroidering the dark little ditty, with most of the skull done. Just teeth, flowers and vines left to do, which I enjoy! 
I decided to embroider this part of the poem after I window-shopped-then-impulse-bought-within-five-minutes this t-shirt of a skull draped in flowers and butterflies, because it is so beautiful and morbid, and reminded me of the poem I'd written, and I realised that I wanted to do something with it.
I have many ideas for what I want to do after I've finished, including taking up a printing course so that I can transfer short stories onto fabric and make small handmade books and fabricated tales, as well as embroidering some curious little haiku poems that I wrote whilst on holiday last week in the New Forest (where me and Future-Husband saw a large stag deer near where we stayed btw, illuminated in my fog lights when driving in the dark! O.o), which I'm thinking will be decorated with buttons and lace. I'm going to start posting extracts of the short stories I've written/am currently writing soon also. I will post above project when finished...
A bad little beastly ditty I just conjured up that I'm thinking of embroidering:

She's the size of a 
heart-shaped locket,
and inhabits his 
inner coat pocket.

Short but shweet ;)
Lots of love,
Nina x

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Well done you clever, talented pair! Sorry it has taken me so long to join - I shall spread the word to make it up to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fi! so glad u like it here :) x

    ReplyDelete