Sunday 20 May 2012

J&B The Shop & Mollie Makes


I'd ordered a handmade booklet of J&B the shop during the week, and I'm pleased to say it arrived in the post a few days later, and was a joy to look at!


Yes, we love Jessie Chorley & Buddug The Shop, we do. I discovered them first in a way-back copy of Oh Comely magazine to learn that their shop in Columbia Rd, London, resided a mere 5 minute walk away from Big Sister's then flat down Hackney Rd. So we took a trip down Columbia Rd during our next stay with Lubix, and here is where we documented our adventures





Below is an image of a card I bought when inside the wonderfully whimsy J&B shop. I love Jessie's embroidery especially - as someone who loves embroidering my stories and poetry onto secondhand and vintage fabrics, I'm very inspired by her work. And I respect her make-do-and-mend ethic.



Ever since encountering their shop in Oh Comely Katie and I had been following their blog and admiring their creations. I entered a competition through said magazine to win a workshop date at the shop, as then my experience of embroidery and applique was titch; alas I did not win. But perhaps it was for the best - I found my own way to learn embroidery and tell my stories. 


Then, a few issues ago, I came upon them once more in Mollie Makes magazine (which we have been loyal to ever since issue eight :0, ) with lovely photos of their shop and the items they make and display. Big Sister might not be in London anymore, but we're looking forward to visiting again... 

seek them out online...
or the link on the right-hand side here!

x Nina x


No comments:

Post a Comment