Sunday 12 August 2012

Tyneham...'Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet'


I was apprehensive about doing a post about our travels to the abandoned village of Tyneham, mainly because of the profusion of pictures Katie and I had taken. But it had to be done; this place is such a vital source of inspiration for me at the moment, and I want to share one of my favourite places in the world with you, on this sweet li'l part of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, near where we live.
Hope you enjoy our photo-travelogue! 




Warbarrow Tout




Katie - dancing with the butterflies on the edge of the world






The Purbeck Hills out yonder









I'm fascinated by this Violet Cake! In the book that I plan to write soon, set in Tyneham (the one about the twins Florence & Frida I've told you about in this previous post) there's a character I've called Violet Lake after a misprint on the poster of the door of the schoolhouse. 



Katie - not a bit pleased about being in a classroom during her summer holidays
























'Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet'   Gerard Manley Hopkins

Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment