Wednesday 31 August 2011

Feeling like a child again...

The candle's being lit

Just last week, myself and a gaggle of friends went to a candle lightning event at Bournemouth Gardens. So many candles in beautiful coloured glass jars, reminded me of oversized fireflies.
    Like a moth to light, me and my other winged insects were attracted to the lights of the carousel. I can see why moths fly towards our light-bulbs, as light offers comfort when darkness surrounds, and the same goes for people, even adults, as the bright and cheeriness of the carousel brings the sweet memories of childhood to the surface.
Victory is ours!
    Spinning round and round, however, made me feel slightly drunken-like aafterwards, in both my legs and my head; staggering around, charging after people using my index fingers as bull horns, people must have thought me off my head, but I honestly think it was all the coloured lights that were affecting me. So beautiful they were…
    At the end of that lovely night I went home vowing to myself that I would one day ride the balloon at night, when I could look down and watch the lamp lit earth below me. I’ll be taking someone with me though!
Today I went out in search of peace and tranquillity among the swans. Sat on the river bank and fed the swans and their 6 signets pieces of bread. One of them, who I think was the mama swan, stretched out her long neck and fed from my hand. Unfortunately, I’d left my camera, so couldn’t take a picture, but it doesn’t matter; I shall be back…
To go with my theme of being a kid again...
     I noticed that two white feathers were floating on the surface, and I wanted to lean over and pluck them from the water like I did as a child, but alas, it was too far down, and I would have fallen on the swans and become food for the fish. I now have an idea for a drawing; a girl wading in water with a swan as her reflection, but it might just become another unfulfilled idea.
If only I could sprout feathers and fly away, jump off the roof and soar in between the clouds as a human, for I think if I were a bird in flight I wouldn’t appreciate flying as much as human’s would.

-K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment