Monday 14 November 2011

It's been bloggable

Went on day trip to Wimborne yesterday with Nina and her lovely handmade dress Dan had got her from Flutterbydaisy back in summer. As it was a day as equally lovely as the dress, we decided to take it to Wimborne for a photo-shoot.








 Take a look at the dressmaker’s fairy-tale website: http://www.flutterbydaisy.co.uk/

 ***

Obsidian black,
Currents of snaking night,
Slipping into a quiet river,
Crawling beside me, hidden from light.
Whispering into empty sky,
Murmuring secrets made of black
Captured light,
So light it turns dark.
Obsidian rippling with the sighs
Of a thousand broken hearts,
Hiding in the silent darkness
Trying to clear their crowded minds,
Pretending their pain will drift away with the opaque water.
Drowning with slivers of light
That sinks into the recesses of the comforting darkness.
I leant over to search past the surface,
My shadow no darker than night itself,
And I became part of the river.
I walk beside the other part of me,
Until it melts with the water,
No blacker than black.

Written back in January, inspired by the night I followed the river to the sea and wrote her name in the sand. Waves came in and washed the words away, and I wanted to be taken away too, but at the time I was wearing Nina’s trainers, and she would have seen an end to me if I’d gotten them wet. Things are different now, but I still sometimes stare into space, wondering where else I could be.


 …Going to sleep now, sweet dreams…
-Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment