Wednesday 4 January 2012

A little closer to the sky



There’s this one tree in Queens Park with branches shaped like a heart, and ever since last year when I first found it I’ve climbed it to the top every time I pass by, because I want to feel just a little closer the sky. Today I climbed it again, but last year I remember the weather being nicer with orange sunsets and warmer limbs.
Summer seems to be taking much longer to come back; I miss the butterflies, and the swallows. A few summers back I used to sneak out really early in the morning (about 6ish, I’m aware how mad that makes me sound) and take the dog to the forest while no one else was awake, and the birds were still making as much noise as possible. Usually, Beau would end up barking at a stick while I chased around after butterflies, or take photos of our ridiculously long morning shadows.

Here are some flutter-bugs I met last year, when the sun wasn’t as much a rare thing as now… 








 -Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment