Saturday 14 January 2012

We Heart Bantam Beasts


Bought impulsively, though not carelessly, as I have had a soft-spot for the micro-poem 'Robin's Nest' since I first read it, I am soon to be the proud owner of the above brooch that beholds said poem. I have previously bought another brooch and mirror through the Etsy shop Bantam Beasts -  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BantamBeasts - the love-child of Lisa Falzon and Rhona Flynn, and expressed to them my desire to have my favourite of their poems within a similar brooch to wear near my heart where my own robin flutters his tiny embryonic wings. I was delighted when, on one Friday 13th, they sent me a message to inform me of the creation of such a beautiful little beast. My heart jerks like an ectopic heartbeat when I think of wearing it soon! Below is the poem, and here you can read more of their beastly little tales <3





'Once we 
shared a cocoon.
Eventually, you fluttered out.
But I stayed.
Cuddling this silk that still
smells of you.'


Much love
Nina x
ps. a sneak peak at what I'm working on right now - hope to have it finished by end of the weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment