Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Thicket Dwellers...



...is available to read here on figment! I've uploaded four chapters so far, but will be adding more frequently, until the entire novel is up. I really hope you have a browse, maybe read the lot! I'd appreciate it heaps if you pressed 'follow' and/or 'heart' and maybe even left a brief comment or review. The more activity on my profile, the more likely the website will advertise it on the home page, therefore reaching more readers. I hope you like it. It's intended for the YA market, but definitely suitable for the adult reader too. It's a darkly told coming-of-age psycho-drama; I've included a comprehensive description on my figment profile, so you get a better understanding of the plot. 
Above is the finished image I've uploaded for the book cover, and below are some images from the photo shoot me n' Katie did on King's Park common near where we live, which was the inspiration for the common ground in the novel. The first image is the final picture I chose, then treated on Photoshop to create the final image. 





Some images from the surrounding woodlands, including the ivy-ridden forest where Rose Harkness encounters Ena during her transformation near the end of the story, and the thicket bush which Rose crawled inside whilst fleeing, and where she met the woman of the woods for the first time... 




Our dog Beau accompanied us, making a nuisance of himself and treading all over our roses!



And we became this strange procession - Myself, Katie and Beau, walking through the common and up the hill onto the cemetery, where we took our offering of roses that we'd used for the photo shoot and placed them on our grandfather's grave. 


Katie sat among the daisies for a while, whilst Beau bounded through the unkempt grasses, disturbing the dead, but when the mozzies came and bit my knees I ushered them both home, and we jumped the fence seeing as we'd been locked in by the grounds-keeper. Then we had dinner and went to zzzzz...


The End
Nina x



No comments:

Post a Comment