Sunday 15 July 2012

Buttons, Buttons and Bargain Hunting


We sisters three have had a wonderful weekend together - fits of bargain hunting! Driving down the vintage strip in Pokesdown to meet Lubix I spied this trunk outside a junk shop that I had to go back to take a peek at. I knew I had to take it home; and home I took it, with a cheeky barter bringing it to £20! 



It sits beneath my bedroom window, and will be a natural habitat for all my fabric, sewing and embroidery stuff that was previously strewn upon my floor so that I'd forgotten the colour of my carpet (not such a bad thing), so that now it's all tidied up.


Other bargains are these picture frames that I found for £2 each in a charity shop that I have future plans for...


 ...and these buttons, which have definitely got me all excited!! Lubix joked that I'd better keep them beside my bed whilst sleeping in case I woke up from bad dreams that they were lost, or strewn and scattered upon the floor - the horror! - only so that I could reach out for them and find that they were still there, all together, in their jars...



The jar on the left is my own collection mixed with my nana's, who kindly gave me a load of them yesterday (and the ones below); and the jar on the right was an Etsy steal that I ordered from Pat's shop Whiskey's Whims who was lovely enough to post them to me from America :)



We also went to The Crooked Book in Boscombe where I picked up this gorgeous vintage Nursery Rhyme book (and enviously looked on as Katie picked up a stack of Anne Rice hardbacks with beautiful binding) and sat down to read some ditties whilst sipping some chai tea and pointing at things on display to show Lubix only to steal a bite of her cake ;) 



And here is my lovely chest (?) in her home under the window, with a delicious Sunday afternoon sun streaming in at a slant, and my embroidered ditties and poetry all a-slumber within their dwelling place.


But please watch this space in the near future, as they will resurface in the next few months in a shop on Etsy that I will be opening soon. I've been delayed so far as I keep thinking of more things to make for the opening, but the end is in sight. I will be posting details on here when it's ready. 

Pleasant sunshine and showers!
Nina x x x


2 comments:

  1. That chest is amazing, i cant believe you only paid £20 for it... i want one! i love chests, they are so beautiful and usefull.... i think im going to go and explore boscome one weekend, i have a feeling i would love shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll have to go on a mooch n' I can show you all the fabulous junk in boscombe/pokesdown/southbourne, and go charity shopping! x

    ReplyDelete