Sunday 1 July 2012

Melancholy Mornings

Melancholy Mornings

I made a nest of silk and bones,
in memory of your words.
The seeds I put inside it wont grow,
and neither will the baby birds.
I tried to keep them safe and warm,
if only I had known
that anything that was in that nest
would turn as still and lifeless as a stone.

***

I was inspired by photography by Ginger Lilly Tea which I found on Etsy, so I got henry (my camera) out of his case and took a bunch of photo's, the above being one of them (with a poem I wrote to go with it), and below are some more..

Portwine Rose- model; Nina Pascoe

Broken Butterfly

A sky full of roses

I adore this one photo in particular called The swan fairy; 

sources; http://www.etsy.com/shop/gingerlillytea

...And now I must sleep :)
-Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is beautiful as are your photographs...so atmospheric.I love gingerlillytea's work too,Cassandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, that's so sweet (will be doing more shoots soon!)

    -Katie xx

    ReplyDelete