Saturday 28 July 2012

'Hoar Frost' and Hydrangeas



Well, we might've dried up for a spell; but what with the rain we're quite fertile again, and have blog-post material aplenty! Last week I finished my latest embroidered ditty I've called 'Hoar Frost' which I came up with whilst writing The Thicket Dwellers (which I'm thinking about changing the name of to Portwine Rose - please comment with your preference! I'm so indecisive). I embroidered the border with a climber and sewed on some pretty buttons, then stretched the material over and stapled it to an A4 size canvas, then embroidered the poem through the canvas. Then I took some photos of it in my Mum's garden, since her hydrangeas are pretty and thriving, as are all her plants, and propped up the canvas onto the window sill of Mum n' Dad's sweet li'l cottagy-looking garage, under the rose tree.











Then Katie and I went for a walk with the dog in the woods near our house, and the rest of our story is told in foxgloves, thistles, butterfly bushes, granny-pop-out-of-the-beds and other flowers that crossed our paths and met with our noses :)










The End

Nina x

1 comment:

  1. You're embroidery is so neat! Well done!

    Also just to let you know I've tagged you for the liebster tag award, it's a wonderful award all about discovering and recognising blogs and bloggers. Here's the link to my post with all the information, keep up the good posts too! :)

    http://sonofthelovingone.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-tag-award.html

    ReplyDelete