Thursday 19 April 2012

Work in Progress



I came home from Amsterdam a few days ago and want to share some of my favourite photos with you, but I took 400+ in 4 days and there's just so many fluffing images to chose from! So meanwhile I've decided to show you how I'm getting along with the White Fox cushion, which I hope to finish this weekend. I brought some shells and tree cones back from by the lake near where we were staying in Holland, as I'm a bit of a collector (of sorts) of such things. My room is adorned with stones, shells, dried leaves, conkers, sycamore seeds and the bones of animals as a consequence of living by the woods and by the sea. During Autumn, my room gets very messy.


I'll have to leave you with this short one for now, as I have more snowflakes to embroider, and a room to hoover. There was sand still in the shells, you see. But oh! before you go, I also wanted to share this ditty I wrote whilst away, based on the moon poems by Ted Hughes that I wrote about in my last post:
*
She's made of porcelain poetry,
jumping down from her magnolia tree
in a dress that was crafted upon the moon.
Spun by spiders and sewn with silk,
white as a ghost and cold as milk,
she is my phosphorescent little lune.
*
Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment